Should I use CD or DVD?

mab

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, OS 10.4.11
Our wedding photographer just sent us two DVDs with all of our wedding photos. We purchased the rights to the images and would like to share them with immediate family by making copies.

Is it best/easiest to load the files onto my Macbook then copy back to a CD or DVD? Does it matter whether I use a CD or a DVD? Is there are certain type of format of CD or DVD I should use?

I know nothing about this, so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If it were me, I would just make a direct copy of the discs using Burn (which is free) or Toast if you have it.
Just select Disc Copy, insert the DVD, and it will buffer the data, when asked, insert a blank DVD and away you go.

Reaction score
You can just buy generic cd-r or dvd-r. Although, brand names tend to last longer, and have a protective quality to them (cheap disks sometimes flake) Yeah, just copy them to your book, and then reburn them. A CD-R can only hold up to what.. 700mb? where as a DVD can hold up to 4GB (i think). So it also depends on the amount of pictures you have. If your photographer used a DVD, he might've used it for a reason. Check it out! As for burning, Just create a burn folder, put the pics in them, and then burn away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.