CarbonLib is gone

Reaction score
I need some help getting CarbonLib back. Little opens without it.
In my ext. it is checked but the icon is white (blank). If Idownload any version I can't open it because stuffit needs it too.

Any clues? Thanks in advance. Rick

Reaction score
Download it to another computer and make a CD or put it on a drive. Open it on your machine and drop it in the Ext. folder. Restart.

OP
R
Reaction score
I tried that too. I used a PC and copied it to a flash drive. Then I tried to open it on the MAC and the icon was white with purple letters "PC". I still needed other CarbonLib ext. to open it. I also tried to do all this on a MAC MINI OS10. Still nothing. I thought the problem was that needed to decompress the file before opening it so I had my sister download it, decompress it, and e-mail it to me decompressed. That didn't work either.
The computer is is 2000 model powermac G4. Is there somewhere in the disks that came with the machine I could get it? Still don't what originally happened.

Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I see what the problem is now.

That 2000 PowerMac is not running OSX, just OS 9 - correct?

Many of the files in OS 9 stored their data in what is called a reesource fork (Fonts for example), rather than the data fork. Windows does not recorgnise any resource forks, so when you un compress it on a PC and copy it over the resource fork is not copied, hence the file is blank and useless

TRy copying over the disk image file and see if that works

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.