program than can organize my photos by month and year based on the EXIF data

Reaction score
Looking for a program than can organize my photos by month and year based on the EXIF data of my photos.

Wishful thinking or is there someone making such a program? Thanks in advance.

-Christian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
iPhoto can do this (it should be in your Applications folder). If you haven’t already imported your photos, open the Preferences window and select the Events pane. Choose Autosplit into Events: One event per week and check the Imported items from Finder checkbox. Then when you import your photos, whether from your camera or by dragging and dropping from the Finder, all the photos will be separated into Events based on the EXIF data: one per week.

Next, select the four or five events for each month and then click Events → Merge Events, and then rename the events to whatever you want. Repeat this for each month, and you’ll be good to go.

I realize that this will be a little tedious if you have a few years worth of photos, but I recommend at least trying the built-in solution before you dismiss it.

If you do decide to try something else or I didn’t describe what you’re looking for, though, Google Picasa is often recommended. From my limited knowledge, it’s similarly capable—many prefer it—so look into that.

Reaction score
Once you have your photos in iPhoto you don't have to do anything extra, it is already done. Just tell iPhoto what Year, Month or Date you want by going to the "Search " at the bottom of iPhoto and change to "Date" and start to type a Year, A box will pop up to let you select Year, Month or Date, only Dates that have a Photo will be active.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-10-05 at Oct 5,  1.30.00 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-10-05 at Oct 5, 1.30.00 PM.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.