• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

isnack 2.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
You all know that vegemite in an Australian thing you eat. Like it or hate it, you all know it exists. But a while back they invented a new vegemite and asked the public here to come up with many names for it.

Vegemite and new name | Kraft's iSnack 2.0 | Julian Lee

And the name chosen was isnack 2.0 Clearly Apple inspired. Why I say this is even food these days has felt the influence of Apple. Crazy I tell you. Or pure genius by Apple. You don't hear any foods being called open windows or anything.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You all know that vegemite in an Australian thing you eat. Like it or hate it, you all know it exists. But a while back they invented a new vegemite and asked the public here to come up with many names for it.

And the name chosen was isnack 2.0 Clearly Apple inspired.

I certainly agree that "iSnack 2.0" is definitely Apple inspired.

But hold on a second...the first paragraph says:

IT MUST have seemed like a good idea at the time. But no sooner had Kraft trumpeted the name of its new Vegemite variant, iSnack 2.0, than it was met with almost universal condemnation by customers.

If consumers chose "iSnack 2.0" as the new name for the "new" Vegemite...it would seem that Kraft didn't ask enough consumers or the correct consumers what they thought the new name should be.

So although Apple inspired...the new name doesn't seem very popular.:(

I happen to work in the food industry...and I used to work for Kraft...so I'm very familiar with the process.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Such a stupid name :p bad move on their part. I heard the name "iSnack" is actually owned by Breville. Dunno how true that is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
It's just strange to name something iWhatever or e, when it has nothing to do with the internet or technology. iSuppose that iPod works because you get the music from iTunes, but iDon'tKnow if that qualifies either, but it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.