Trouble installing Windows via Boot Camp

Reaction score
OK, I did what iwas supposed to, I made a partition for 20 gb, and then it told me to put the windows disk in, so I put my xp pro in and then I got to the point where I was supposed to pick a partition, but there was only C.Partition1 Unknown, thats it. I stopped there, I ejected the disk and put in the OS X installer but that did nothing, so now when I start my mac, it shows up w/ a black screen with a blinking white line on the top left, when I did the hold option thing it only showed Windows...someone...anyone...help!:'( :'( :'(

if u can show me how to restart everything, that works!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
OP
D
Reaction score
i Cant get there on my mac, the start up screen is pitch black with a tiny white line thats blinkning on the top left.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have you tried setting windows as the default on boot (holding down Option)? A slight side note, you need Windows XP Service Pack 2.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how would i do that?

Restart your computer, while it's booting up hold down option. It will give you the option to select windows or mac.

OP
D
Reaction score
I tried that, all i got to chose from ,was windows, when i pick it, the screen goes black and theres a little blinking line on the top left corner.

at this point i just want my mac back...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay try this. If this doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. Keep holding it until the computer restarts and you hear the chime for the second time, then you can release the keys.

OP
D
Reaction score
I restarted, heard the chime, the screen turned white, then it went to the black screen again..:[ :[ :'(:'(:'(:'(

OP
D
Reaction score
If you guys have a way so I can go back to OSX and forget this whole thing, I'm ok with that, I have all my music and videos on my ipod, I'll lose a couple apps and all my documents *sob*, but all I really need i my mac back.

Reaction score
Boot from your Leopard/Snow Leopard disk and see what you have there; you may have inadvertently loaded (or started to load) Windows on your OSX partition. Bad things happen when you do that.

You may have to reinstall OSX.

When you're back with the Mac side, go to the Apple website, print out the Boot Camp Setup and Installation Guide and follow it to the letter. Much that happens is counter-intuitive but following the guide EXACTLY will get you where you want to go.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.