I love my iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
It's been around 2 months, and I still can't get enough of my iBook. :D

Sorry about the lack of content in this post, but to be honest, I was really just getting tired of seeing that absurd "iBook Scam" thread everytime I visited the board. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
:) Yeah, im glad to hear it. I know I will be buying a laptop and I will get an iBook or equvalent mac book when ever that time may be.

Love your mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I love my iBook too. Only thing is, I wish I bought one with a DVD player in it. Other than that, I use it on a daily basis, and it isn't my main computer. Hmm, well I guess it could be now that I use it so much :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes the iBook rocks as a consumer notebook. Mine has DVD and I love bringing it into work on a slow Saturday and watching movies ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
schweb you just like slacking off whenever possible at work. it can be busy and you'll hide in the bathroom watching the Matrix :p

sKaD

K

kirkhings

want to boost my original tang.ibook with external HD and oxPanther

heyhey

i really love my original tangerine ibook with OS 9.2, had it for years now just one addition I'd like to make:

I have a free copy of OS X.3 panther for teachers, and I'd really like to use it for the iMovie software mostly.

However, my ibook's HD is only 3gb, and i want to keep OS 9.2 on it with the graphics software I have installed.

So I fingured I'll just get an external HD say 50-100gb and install OS X on that, then boot my ibook off that HD and move completed movies thru ethernet or USB to my XP where my cd/dvd burner is. Ahh, utopia...

Except I have no idea:

1- how to 'dual-boot' (i think the term is) so I can selectively boot off the main HD or the xternal

2- what's a recommended external HD model and supplier?

3- has anyone done this before? any hiccups to watch for?

4- how to connect my ibook via USB or Ethernet (preferred) to my XP without a router? or possibly recommend a router?

5- Advice on home networking my ibook with my XP?

thanks for any and all advice...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
kirkings no need to cross post......just look at the thread you created for your answer

F

fumomo

I bought my first ever computer to take with me when I moved to Japan in May and I am very glad to have chosen an iBook. I have used PCs all my life but I took to the Mac like a duck to water - it's so easy to use. And it's much better-looking than a PC, both the machine and the OS!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.