• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Which new Lacie D2 DVD burner to get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.1Ghz 512 MB ram
As I'm sure that many of you are aware, the new Lacie DVD burner with Lightscribe is coming out very soon. As a Mac user, it is an obvious choice to get the one that comes with Firewire, and Toast 6 Titanium. The only problem is that occasionally, I might be using this on a PC that only has USB 2.0. Now from what Lacie has told me, the only advantage that the "Mac" version is that it comes with Toast 6 Titanium vs. Toast 6 Lite(what the pc version comes with). Is the Toast 6 Titanium worth it over Lite.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

get the internal version. That way, you can just use the drive for both...There are some on ebay for around $150 usd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You could just get the FW one and get a FW card for the PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.