Common Tools / Torx / Screw sizes Newer Apple Tech

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83 C2D / 4 GB ( installed ) / 80 GB
Have now been working on and using Apple hardware officially for little over a year and wanted to officially update my toolkit for work and personal . I pretty much have the basic screwdrivers and such but I'm looking for common sizes that apple has used for Torx and such over the different models/years .

I have done some light research in spare time and basically all I see ( and have ) are T6 - T8 - T10 for torx .. Does this sound right to cover say G4 Powerbooks upto the Current models ?
Any other Tech's out there recommended any tool company to purchase or use that might specialize in Computer repair tools ?

Its a strange question and I might be the only one who really cares but I figure might have one other tech around here who is a tool dork as well when it comes to his work

The make shift kit i've made since working on apples is useful but It seems my work is aiming more towards apple only so Id like to have some nice stuff not these cheap handle breaking drivers ....

Thanks again for reading

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I use a kit like one of these and have never had a problem with it.

I would also recommend some of the "Black Stick" or "Spudger" tools for prying open cases. They can be had here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.