Mail question

Reaction score
How do i set specific accounts in the mail program to leave the attachments on the server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
First off what email program are you using?

Also, i guess i am a little confused on what you are asking. When you open your mail client what you see is the gui interface of the mail file structure currently on the server under your profile name (including attachments). Unless you physically download the emails onto your hard drive and then delete them in the mail client they remain on the server.

Does this help? If not, please if possible give me a little better description of what you're looking for.

Ekim

OP
S
Reaction score
sorry about that...

Mac OS X
Mac's Mail.app

When I open my mail app, it immediately starts downloading my mail, but I don't want it to start downloading large attachments if I don't have time. I want to set up a certain account (the one I get large attachments on) to leave the attachments there, so I can get them later with webmail. When I used Windows, Outlook had that option. I believe it was a checkmark on the email account that said something like "Do not dowload attachments if over" and you could put in like 100kb or something...I don't remember off the top of my head.

Is this not available with Mail.app

Thanks in advanced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
sorry about that...

Mac OS X
Mac's Mail.app

When I open my mail app, it immediately starts downloading my mail, but I don't want it to start downloading large attachments if I don't have time. I want to set up a certain account (the one I get large attachments on) to leave the attachments there, so I can get them later with webmail. When I used Windows, Outlook had that option. I believe it was a checkmark on the email account that said something like "Do not dowload attachments if over" and you could put in like 100kb or something...I don't remember off the top of my head.

Is this not available with Mail.app

Thanks in advanced.

Alright alright, I wanted to make sure before i rant ;)
Although Mac Mail does not possess this operation by default (one of its TERRIBLE flaws) apple fixed its boo-boo by creating a handy dandy little application called Mail Attachments Iconizer. This gives you control over attachment in mac mail. You can download it here: Apple - Downloads - Internet Utilities - Mail Attachments Iconizer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.