Windows

Reaction score
Hello guys I'm new to Mac forums. I have a question. I have a uni-body macbook. I installed windows through bootcamp for college programs. I installed it successfully, and installed the drivers successfully. It asked me to restart, so I did. Once it restarted I saw bootcamp control icon to the bottom right corner meaning it was running, I tried F5 and F6 for backlit brightness and everything seemed in order. However, once I restarted again, for some apparent reason, F5 F6 for backlit brightness doesnt work, F1 and F2 for brightness doesnt work neither. I reinstalled the drivers to repair. But, again, when I did the above over, I had the same problem. I havnt messed with my startup list or anyting, so I know its not that. please help, someone, anybody.

Reaction score
Right click that little gray diamond boot camp icon and go into settings. There you can change the F-keys settings among other things. You may have toggled it somehow.

You should be able to use the F-keys by themselves or by using Fn+F-key by changing that setting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.