• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

"Hello World"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
Hey Everyone,

I didn't see an "introduction" sub forum and i'm not sure if you guys do this or not, but i figured i would go ahead an introduce myself as a new member :)

So here we go! My name is Mike, and i am currently a full-time college student working on my Network Administration degree. I like to think i am proficient with both windows and mac based computers (not so much linux, but ive spent some time using it o_O). Although I am more knowledgeable on windows based systems (as they are the prominent systems) i know quite a bit about the apple systems. Before i get any rage responses dont think for a second that i am saying windows is better than mac, but each has its pros and cons. :D

So hopefully i can learn a lot here, and possibly help some people out as well.

Happy Mac-ing!
Ekim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Hey Mike!

Welcome to the boards. I'm sure you'll find your stay enjoyable and the people here very knowledgeable.

Have a good one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
sup mike....
cya around

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Mike!

You're knowledge of both Windows and Mac are an addition here...

To Zigdog:

Love your sig, man!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Before i get any rage responses dont think for a second that i am saying windows is better than mac, but each has its pros and cons. :D
Yes they do. You might get people who will disagree but you'll also get many here who will agree with the statement.

Welcome aboard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
As read in The Art of War, you must "know your enemy" ;)

Haha, but really, knowing both sides of the world is an asset IMO.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Welcome, from a current Windows network admin. Trust me, after many long years of babysitting crack baby Windows servers, you'll come to appreciate your Mac when you get home and actually want to get something done ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Yer macs Rock...
Im still at boarding school and when you get back to house,
and all the windows users are screaming at their slow computers and you start up you mac, its such a good feeling when it boots in a quarter of the time it take a windows machine of the same specs.!!!!
and then when u actually need to work. you spend your time working not getting frustrated with a complex windows based system!!!

OP
Ekim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome, from a current Windows network admin. Trust me, after many long years of babysitting crack baby Windows servers, you'll come to appreciate your Mac when you get home and actually want to get something done ;)

Haha, im currently doing some side work with my college's tech services dept and trust me the few windows servers we have SUCK! Servers = linux, OSX = desktop ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Welcome aboard, kick back and enjoy your stay here, and I also hope that you do learn more about linux since I am a strong support the free software foundation.

OP
Ekim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome aboard, kick back and enjoy your stay here, and I also hope that you do learn more about linux since I am a strong support the free software foundation.

Of course of course! Who doesn't love free!?! ^_^

Reaction score
Hey Dude..join the fun...or was it the fun is yet to come..anyway.. some of us old Mac heads are still here, just dont make fun of us as we still use old Macs.

OP
Ekim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Dude..join the fun...or was it the fun is yet to come..anyway.. some of us old Mac heads are still here, just dont make fun of us as we still use old Macs.

Haha, ill keep that in mind grandpa :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
.ekim, emoclew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
he didn't mean you were a clue to emo... welcome spelled backwards... as is your name. Although, the comma was in the wrong location. It should read:

.ekiM ,emocleW

OP
Ekim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahhhhhhhhhh! Gotcha gotcha! You can't throw stuff at me like that.. just finished programming in visual basic >.<

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.