Buying Windows XP to install on macbook

Reaction score
I previously bought Windows XP OEM (I didn't know what an OEM was at the time). So I ended up wasting money.

I need the full retail version, right? I'm still very unsure but would this:

Windows XP Professional FULL RETAIL Version COA - eBay, Operating Systems, Software, Computers. (end time 01-Oct-09 14:42:16 AEST)

be what I need? Will it 100% work? I don't want to waste my money again :(

I really only want it to play games - Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology. While there are Macsoft versions of them I've read reviews and they aren't compatible for the intel. machines and they crash alot.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Looks to be the right one - the picture indicates it is SP2 - I would ask the seller to verify you will receive SP2 version.

Is everything down under twice as expensive as it is here in the U.S.?

If I moved and got a job down under would my pay double?

OP
A
Reaction score
Yeah everything is twice as expensive. Not sure if the pay if double though, sorry. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
You can also buy a "System Builder OEM" version, which is cheaper than the full retail version. Can be had here in the US for about $65 USD on newegg.com. A normal, branded (e.g., Dell or HP) OEM disk will not work, but the SB OEM version will. Just an option.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.