deciding between the 13 inch or 15 inch MBP

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've finally made the decision to make the switch from PC to MAC and I'm having a little trouble deciding between the 13 inch or 15 inch MBP. I am a student but don't really take my computer to class a lot. However when I am home I do like to sit on the couch with it and use it in my lap. It's not often I have it on a desk. Usually I am just on the internet chatting and I watch DVD's every now and then. I don't game much or do video/photo editing.

I know it's a preference question but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Any opinions would be much help!!

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Like you said... it's definitely a pref. question, but if you can afford it go with the 15".
Faster CPU, bigger screen, double GPU, and more.
Remember if you're fed up with 13", you can't upgrade your screen.

But if you want more mobility and a lighter notebook, take the 13"

Regards;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
It sounds like the 13-inch MacBook Pro would be fine for you. The larger screen would certainly help if you decide to do any editing or whatever, but the 13-inch one will be fine for just browsing the Web and chatting, and you’d be saving a good bit of money. I even use my 13-inch MacBook for photo-editing and programming, so it’s certainly doable.

However, I’d very much recommend going to an Apple Store (if one’s nearby) to check them both out in person; the only way you’ll really know is to see them both in front of you and use them for a little while.

Edit: Do keep in mind what Sur3Mac is saying above, though; you definitely want to also consider what you will be doing in the future with your Mac. It’s probably easier to pay a few more hundred dollars now than to try to sell the one you get and buy what you need in the near future if you think you’ll be doing any more intensive activities soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.