• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Getting a job at Apple

Reaction score
Hi, Im 17 and i know you probably hear this all the time, but im really interested in apple and would really like to get a job at one of there retail stores in the UK, I had an interview (well seminar) about a year ago but i screwed it up and have applied since then but got no response, can you give me any advice?

Thanks

Reaction score
Keep trying, I've done the same thing... but it takes persistence...

Good luck

Reaction score
Actually I didn't, but I tried, really hard.

And I will keep trying.;D

Difference is, you're still young, I'm 38 yrs old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
well good luck to you both!!

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey your never too old, its always worth a try and thanks zigdog i just need as much advice as i can get xD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
I really want a summer job next summer....
but i never get round to it!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Apple stores pay lousy and make you dress funny. Become a plumber, it pays better. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hey metalgears good luck with it all.

And as Sur3Mac has said persistence is the best advice.
If you know what store you want to join, be seen in there by the staff. Go in play on the set ups they have around and ask questions. Be in there mind (but not to the point where they say "oh not HIM/HER again"). Ask questions and "when is a job available".
Kepp trying and the law of averages says, in time it will happen.

Goodluck
Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok thanks man i just need to keep on trying i guess, then hopefully soon i will be offered a job xD thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
Your best shot, is to go to a Premium Reseller, a large one
they still provide costumer services and such.
But you'll get hired more easily most of the times

OP
M
Reaction score
The only problem is the apple store is right near my house and there are nor Resellers where i live

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
How much experience do you need with Macs in order to get a job with apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early "09 Macbook Alubody 13" / iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I'd suppose a lifetime of experience.....
but hey, who can blame you if you haven't, I mean, your parents probabely had microsofty...

Reaction score
Hey I feel for you. I applied for two different positions at my nearest Apple Store this summer. One for Creative and another for I believe it was Sales Assistant or something. I'm familiar (to an extent) with Apple's software, and getting a Mac has made me get to know the Mac OS X operating system environment better. I know I'm still a ways off from becoming a Genius geek here, but it doesn't hurt to try every once in awhile. Now I just need a faster Mac here so I can run more of Apple's stuff..it's frustrating with a 500mHz processor and Tiger (I wanted to use iLife so bad!), but I've been using iTunes for nearly 5 years now. It takes time. Get to know the Mac OS X and Apple's software and maybe you'll be hired. Best of luck to you!

Reaction score
Anyone

Apple will hire anyone with a great personality. I've known a bunch of dropouts and ... that work at apple, only because they know how to be friendly and are willing to deal with customers. Unless you're applying for a genius bar position, you don't even have to own anything apple to work at their retail store, but you will have to LEARN about the products as you go on. One of my friends became so good at it, he was sent to the HQ up north for some REAL training (all expenses paid!) good luck!

Reaction score
Apple will hire anyone with a great personality. I've known a bunch of dropouts and ... that work at apple, only because they know how to be friendly and are willing to deal with customers. Unless you're applying for a genius bar position, you don't even have to own anything apple to work at their retail store, but you will have to LEARN about the products as you go on. One of my friends became so good at it, he was sent to the HQ up north for some REAL training (all expenses paid!) good luck!

Oh so lucky! Anyone who works at something they don't even own for whatever reason will still have to learn it anyways. But I started liking Apple when I got my first iPod: black 30gig video model. Still my favorite iPod, but it is something I'll never let go b/c it's in perfect condition. Same with my 3g iPod nano, 8gig silver; and my iPod touch, 2G with 16 gigs of room for anything. All my friends like MS, and the Zune. Yuck. Zune? What the heck is that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MacBook Pro. 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM. 250GB Hardrive.
Zine is microsofts counter to the iPod lineup. They have a considerable amount of memory but they are big and ugly. As far as I know it hasn't really caught on.

Reaction score
Fun with words

Zine is microsofts counter to the iPod lineup. They have a considerable amount of memory but they are big and ugly. As far as I know it hasn't really caught on.

LOL. ;D

I was being sarcastic about the Zune. Seriously, who came up with that name or where did they get it from? iPod..just sounds so much better to me. iPod. eye-pod-uh. iPod. Yay!. Zune. Boom.

LOL :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.