MAC Serial #

M

msimonkey

I have a powerbook g4 with issues. i need to find the serial number but i cannot get my mac past the apple startup screen. i need to check warranty. anyone know how to get this info? or get it to startup? (did the pram/shift options-they didnt work.)
TIA :eek:neye:

OP
M

msimonkey

shoot...i dont have that..this mac was passed onto me. i dont know where orig material is for it. its a work laptop. have no idea what to do :(

OP
I

iDVFH.

I'm not sure if the Powerbook does this but does the keyboard pop up? I'm pretty sure my serial number is under the keyboard. lol OR bring it into the Apple store they might be able to help.

OP
M

msimonkey

thanks! ill try that. its killing me. all im getting is the bloody startup screen. its not going anything else!!!
grrrr.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
if you know where the file is try getting a linux live CD to browse the drive cant do you any harm

OP
M

MickMAC

Serial # should be under the battery. Pull the battery and check it out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
MickMAC said:
Serial # should be under the battery. Pull the battery and check it out!

What (s)he said. :mac:

OP
P

PowerbookG417

if you cant find it under the battery forsome reason if you can get your hands on or maybe you have the disc's that came with the unit, err well the panther discs the fourth disc is a system tools disk put that in your machine and start it up holding down the C key it will boot into system tools and you should be able to find all your information in there....best of luck to yah... let us know how it goes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
do they even make linux live CDs for PPC?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.