• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

imovie 09 - transition time won't increase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15' - iMovie 09
Hi all,

just wondered if anyone could throw some light on the following?

using imovie 09, on apple macbook pro.

I have a transition 'circle close' in between two still images, every time i try to increase the transition time up to say 20 seconds from 0.1 it won't allow me.

any help much appreciated

k rgds jonyfoz

Reaction score
I had the same problem in the beginning-are you clicking the little settings button as you have the transition selected? That is how I was able to adjust the my settings the way I preferred them to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
My guess is that at least one of your images is only on screen for less than 10 seconds. To do a 20 second transition your video/picture have to be on the screen that log to begin with. Think about it.

For a 2 second transition, the picture before and the picture after the transition insertion point have to each be on the screen at least 2 seconds each. The transition is combining both images to create an effect.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15' - iMovie 09
thanks again all!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.