Converting OGG files into MP3s?

R

RLaK54

I recently got my first MAC, and I love it.

I transferred all of my old files from my windows computer on to my new Powerbook. Everything has been pretty smooth.

But....

I have a lot of OGG music files that don't seem to work now. Is there something I can do?

Is there a program that I can use to convert the files into MP3s?

Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Once you put in that Plugin that trpnmonkey41 gave you the URL to into the quicktime library folder, if you ever want to convert to AAC you can do it in Itunes. I had bought a program to do the converting till I found out with the plugin I no longer need the program.
It was only $10 so not a big loss.

OP
R

RLaK54

I'm still confused though. I downloaded the file... and now what? I put it in the quicktime library folder? How do i still convert the ogg's to mp3s?

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
trpnmonkey41 said:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021103065300430

Once they can play you don't have to convert them. You are better off keeping them as ogg to preserve quality

The reason I mentioned converting to AAC was thinking he might have or purchace an IPod which will not play OGG so he would have to convert them. I agree though, conversion even though AAC is great, will lower the quality.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.