Looking for advice for windows install please

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a long time reader but this is my first post. I'm looking to install windows on to my mac book pro. I have the fairly new unibody 15" pro (2.4 core 2 duo,2gb RAM, Geforce 9600M GT).

The reason I'm installing windows is because I'm a gamer so naturally I need windows for most games including Aion. This leads me to a few options.

1. I could buy windows xp and enjoy the stability that I hear about so much.
2. Buy this
Newegg.ca - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit for System Builders w/ Tech Guarantee - Operating Systems
and use the free upgrade coupon. I have no interest in using vista other then using it to upgrade to windows 7. I have found conflicting reports of this coupon working for my purposes and was wondering if someone could tell me definitively.

I'm looking to have this done well before the oct 22 release of windows 7 and also want to keep costs down as much as possible. My two options are relatively the same price so I am looking for advice as to which is best. Im also open to suggestions and anything I may have over looked.

Thank you so much!:D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you need DX10/11 support, go with Vista. If that's not a biggie for you, then Windows XP is going to be faster, more efficient and take up less space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.