"log-in" screen when wake from sleep

Reaction score
I am new to Mac, which i regret!
I have a MacBookPro
When I close the lid he should go to "sleep"
Now when I open the lid sometimes i can go back to work right away, but a lot of times i get now something like a "log-in" screen where i have to put my account name and password to get back in etc.
Can someone help me out here? what do i do wrong?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Austria!

Cluelessone :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
open up system preferences... open up security (second from the right under Personal). Uncheck the top box that says "require password" or set it to the appropriate amount of time you want to require a password after. :)

Also, guten morgen. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Nothing to regret, the solution is simple and similar to Windows. You account is set to require your password when turning on, waking from sleep, and/or waking the display.

If you are running Leopard, go to System Preferences>Security and uncheck the box that says "Require password to wake this computer from sleep". If you have Snow Leopard, you have to choose a time frame after which the computer will require a password to wake from sleep. You can choose up to four hours without having to use your password again.

Personally, I like the old option better, but hopefully that feature will be added to SL in a future software update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
DR, we now have the same number of posts, maybe because we keep responding to the same threads!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.