Boot Camp 3.0 recognises Mac HFS drives but does not list all folders

Reaction score
Hi

I have just done a clean install of Boot Camp/Windows XP using the Boot Camp 3.0 drivers that come with Snow Leopard, and was pleased to find native support for Mac Drives (HFSJ). Whilst all of the Mac drives in my Mac Pro are recognised and can be opened and explored in Windows explorer, a number of folders in one of the drives didn't show up. I could access them by typing the exact path in windows explorer, but when using the mouse to open the drive a number of folders could not be found. Furthermore, windows applications, such as media libraries, would not pick up any files in the folders that couldn't be seen in explorer.

I went back to OSX to check that all of the folders were indeed present and they were. So in the end I reverted to using my Macdrive software again and all of the folders showed up again and worked as expected. So, it may be that the new bootcamp drivers are not all they are cracked up to be.

Anyone else experienced similar issues, or got any clues as to what I might need to get this working right?

Thanks

Nick

Reaction score
Sadly, I don't have an answer for you. I do experience the same thing though. I have Windows 7 installed and I'm trying to point my Windows itunes to the Mac itunes folder but all I get is an empty user folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.