RE5's Gameplay Benchmark on my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" LED-Backlite display, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 512MB VRAM, 320GB HD
So I just bought Resident Evil 5 for Windows today and installed it on my Windows partition and in the main menu they give you this awesome benchmark tester that basically rates your system based on the Video settings you choose and runs it's test by displaying in game video and gameplay and well... I was less than happy with the results...

I have a MacBook Pro 17" native resolution 1920x1200
2.5ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Memory
GeForce 8600 512 V-Ram

My average Frame Rate was 30FPS?!?

Don't get me wrong I understand this is a laptop, I didn't expect a smooth 60FPS but 30?!? and that was only at 720p resolution (default video settings) when I maxed out at my native 1920x1200 resolution (although the detail was amazing) I was running an average of 10FPS!!!!! sad day for my hardware. Might get rid of my windows partition and just buy an XBOX 360 :-(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If you've read any threads on this forums relating to gaming on a Mac...it's almost universally advised that Mac's are not the best gaming machines.

Thus there should not be too big of a surprise if gaming specs are less than hoped for. :(

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.