Cleaning out files/applications

Reaction score
Hi there!
I've got a question about simple thing and I just want to make it clear.
What's the proper way to clean my iMac, comparing to Control Panel in PC I would like to now is there anything like that in OSX, I'va got plenty of stuff that I don't need, how to remove it properly?
Thanks a lot

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi there!
I've got a question about simple thing and I just want to make it clear.
What's the proper way to clean my iMac, comparing to Control Panel in PC I would like to now is there anything like that in OSX, I'va got plenty of stuff that I don't need, how to remove it properly?
Thanks a lot

Your posting is very unclear...especially after you made the statement:

"I've got a question about simple thing and I just want to make it clear."

When you say:

"what's the proper way to clean my iMac"

...to me this means that you physically want to clean your iMac.

i.e. clean the dirt & grime off of it.

But then reading further it sounds like you want to delete or uninstall unnecessary files & programs from your computers hard drive.

In any case...the proper way to delete or remove files is to drag them to the "trash can" or use an uninstaller program if you have them for each program.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Mac 101: The Dock
linked article said:
To get rid of unwanted items, simply drag the item from the Finder and drop it onto the Trash icon in the Dock. The item will remain in the Trash folder (click the Trash icon to view its contents) until you either move it out of the Trash (if you decide to keep it) or empty it. From the Finder menu, choose Empty Trash.

OP
G
Reaction score
thanks guys, i always do it that way, I was just wander is there any uninstalling option in OSX like in Windows.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
thanks guys, i always do it that way, I was just wander is there any uninstalling option in OSX like in Windows.
Thanks
Unless an application specifically comes with an uninstaller, that is the uninstalling option for any app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.