trackpad in Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Hello,

so my sister with her early 2008 white MacBook (primarily running leopard) came to me with a request for dual booting windows ... sure no problem I thought ... everything works fine except the trackpad of her notebook, in Mac OS she can tap with 2 fingers to right-click (or 2 finger scroll, you get the idea I think), however, under Windows XP, the Boot Camp control panel doesn't have a Trackpad tab like it does on my computer where I can enable tapping and the 2-finger click.

I've tried running the Apple updater which got installed when I installed the boot camp utilities/drivers, but after downloading a boot camp update, it fails everytime with no specific error, prompting me to download the update manually.

So I downloaded the update directly from the Apple website, but that doesn't seem to run at all so I'm kinda stuck

Any ideas from the forums? Thanks!

OP
scathe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
one last bump and I'll leave it alone :D

Reaction score
The latest version of Boot Camp (3.0) does have the Trackpad tab - you can use the single & double finger tapping in Windows.

I don't know if you can actually get/download Boot Camp from somewhere, but it is on the Snow Leopard disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 Ghz, 4 gb, 500g, Lion; iPhone 4, 16gb; iPad 2 32gb, WiFi; iPhone 4s, 32gb
How do you access the trackpad setting under Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
How do you access the trackpad setting under Snow Leopard?

I'm not exactly sure if you are referring to trackpad settings for OSX or for Windows, so I'll answer both.

In OSX, go to Settings/Trackpad and you can change the trackpad preferences there.

In Boot Camp / Windows, go to Control Panel and there should be a Boot Camp icon there. You can also access it from the taskbar by right clicking the little gray diamond shaped icon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.