Macbook pro repartioning help (XP Pro)

Reaction score
I bought a macbook pro around two years ago from my college campus and I had their iCare corner partion my hard-drive so I could have both windows XP pro OS and the mac OS (I was running tiger back then and they used bootcamp to partion the computer). My problem at the moment is I want to repartition my macbook pro so that my windows side will have more space on it then what they had originally given it. They partitioned my windows side to only recieve 15GB of Hard disk space. I am not physically able to get ahold of my XP professional CD, but I do have my CD key for XP Pro. I had my mac OS updated to Snow Leopard by the iCare corner on campus and when I asked them if they could repartition my computer they tried. However they later told me it failed because they need my CD in order to complete the partition. I had asked them if they could use a copy of XP Professional to install it and then just use my CD key information. They said they were unable to do it this way because their CD could only run with it's specific CD key and not someone else's. This was all mind boggling to me.
My question is, is it possible for me to reparition my hard-drive without my original CD? I was told that I could use another person's CD just so long as I had a valid CD key of my own and the iCare Corner did tell me I could try contacting Windows in order for them to send me another CD since I already have a CD Key. I am just confused as to why they weren't able to repartition and where I go from here in order to get the space I need on my windows side.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Note *
I do not want to install Microsoft Vista as my OS on my windows side

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your iCare Corner folks are wrong.

All you need to do is download and use the free "CampTune" utility from Paragon Software to resize your BC partition without losing data. Go to this Link.

Some warnings: Make sure you backup everything first! Backup your OS X partition to an external hard drive first. You can use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner. Backup your XP Pro partition by downloading and using the free WinClone available from here.

Also, since you have a legal product key for XP Pro, just borrow a copy of the same type of XP Pro CD from a friend and make a copy of it. Then use your Product Key to activate it. Microsoft themselves will tell you that this is legal and perfectly legitimate.

Any questions, post back.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Wow, that software was amazing and worked! Thank you so much for redirecting me to it! You saved me a lot of time (and not to mention stress with dealing with my iCare Corner...).

Once again,
Thank you so much!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Have fun.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.