How can I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Processer, Nvidia 9400m
I enjoy boot camp to an extent. Unfortunately I really don't want it. It is defeating the purpose of me having a mac. I got parallels for free, and used it to connect to the partition. I would like to keep parallels, but get rid of the massive partition on my computer. The copy of Windows is not registered, (in case like now, I had second thoughts.) The copy of parallels is registered. How do I uninstall boot camp, and if I do can I install the Windows copy into Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Just to be clear, Boot Camp is not what you need to uninstall. It is merely a program which facilitates the creation of a partition to install Windows on. It is not involved in actually running Windows.

To remove the Windows partition, simply run the Boot Camp Assistant and choose to restore your drive to a single partition. This will completely remove the Windows system from your drive. You can then use Parallels to install Windows in a virtual machine.

Reaction score
To be more specific, first back up any data or program files from your Windows partition onto an external media (if you need to keep them). Then, go into Boot Camp Assistant, and select the option to Restore your drive. That will wipe out the Windows installation and partition, returning the Mac to a single OSX hard drive.

Then, open Parallels on your Mac. Get your Windows disk ready, and create a new virtual machine in Parallels. Then put back your backed up materials and you should be good to go.

Cheers

OP
xammax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Processer, Nvidia 9400m

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.