Question regarding Memory...

Reaction score
All,

Firstly thanks to all of you who answered my previous question about the mac memory I bought not working. The information has been very useful.

I do have one further question... well a couple of questions actually!

I have an imac PowerPC G4. It currently has 256k of memory. I have identified a source for purchasing the memory, but what should I order?

By that I mean that I was intending to get another 256k so I could upgrade to Leopard (minimum system requirement 512k), however, I notice that the memory available is upto 1.0GB. Can I insert this amount of memory and keep the mac from burning itself out? If not, what would be the safest maximum? I would think perhaps 512k?

Could I just upgrade with the current 256k available to me anyway? I appreciate it would be painfully slow but it would do in the interim. I also have a macbook with Leopard on it and it's perfect, that's why I'm so keen to upgrade this old bird too!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks folks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.