iTunes 9

pod

Reaction score
Just downloaded the iTunes software update to iTunes 9.

This may seem picky, but in iTunes 8 the 'grid' view, showing all albums, had a black background behind the album icons that I prefer to the now white background in 9.

Any way to change the background colour in 9 from white to black?

Also, how would I revert 'back' to iTunes 8 without losing all my music, cover art etc?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
Also, how would I revert 'back' to iTunes 8 without losing all my music, cover art etc?

Thanks

I am also particularly interested in an answer to this question. I am quite unhappy with iTunes 9 and would like to go back to version 8, but it won't let me. Seems like a terrible system that forces you to stay "upgraded" once you have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
The problem isn't with getting the software. I never deleted the old iTunes software, but it can't open the iTunes Library file because it was "created by a newer version." This is the problem I need to know how to overcome. Would simply restoring to an older backup in Time Machine (before I downloaded iTunes 9) work? I'd prefer not to, but if that's what it takes to get to use a properly functioning iTunes again I will.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.