• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Odd thing in Peter Jackson "documentary"

N

Nightblade

Alright, so, Peter Jackson, the guy who directed the three Lord of the Rings movies, is making a remake of King Kong, which should be released in mid-December. On Friday, he released this documentary showing that two sequels will be made, and the documentary focuses mainly on the direct sequel, entitled "Son of Kong". Here's the link to see the documentary:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19782

In the documentary, I noticed, that Peter Jackson is sitting in front of an Apple monitor (the LCD ones that were the top-notch in terms of Apple montiors before the newer Studio Displays were announced at last year's Worldwide Developer's Conference), but it seems to be running Windows XP, as the screen is black except for the logo and the name of the sysem. So, it's running XP, but it's an Apple LCD. Now, I know the newer Studio Displays actually can run Windows on them, but I didn't think those ones (the one that was featured in the documentary) could. So, seriously, what's up with that?

NOTE: BTW, if you already haven't figured out that it's an April Fools Day joke (or you have but you thought I hadn't), don't worry--let me just reassure you, it IS an April Fools joke (no sequel has yet been confirmed to the movie, and believe me, there are so many things within the "documentary" [I guess I should call it a mockumentary, since that's what it is] to let you know that they're not telling the truth and that it's just a joke), and I do know that it is an April Fools Day joke. I knew right when I was watching it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.