Which should I choose?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz Intel Processer, Nvidia 9400m
I recently installed boot camp, (It has not been verified so) and I was realizing that I only have one game that would require it, and I have a free copy of parallels. What is the highest level game it can play without becoming laggy?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
edit....

How about instead of that, since you only have "one" game you want to play in Windows - you tell us the name of the game and the specs of your machine. Maybe someone here will have played that particular title and will be able to provide some guidance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only Windows games that will work OK with Parallel or Fusion are those that do not require 3D rendering, OpenGL, or intensive graphics. Most newer games will only run in native Windows - and some even require a dedicated GPU. So the answer is... it depends. :)

What game do you have?

Regards.

OP
xammax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, but FO3 is not all I wanted I have a fare amount of 2.0 shader games from old pc, such as the orange box, oblivion, but I guess I'll stick with Boot camp, and use parallels for non graphic windows programs.

OP
xammax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really dislike going towards boot camp as it defeats the purpose about the mac. Can parallels play the following: Oblivion (elder scrolls), The orange box, and StarWars battle front 2? Can any of them be played?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I really dislike going towards boot camp as it defeats the purpose about the mac. Can parallels play the following: Oblivion (elder scrolls), The orange box, and StarWars battle front 2? Can any of them be played?

The only Windows games that will work OK with Parallel or Fusion are those that do not require 3D rendering, OpenGL, or intensive graphics. Most newer games will only run in native Windows - and some even require a dedicated GPU.
Your question has already been answered.

OP
xammax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I am aware. But I have seen people playing games such as TF2, and I was wondering if this was, say an edit effect, or viable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Parallels can detect a Boot Camp partition and run it as a VM.

OP
xammax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I find that the massive partition as well as large hassle of resetting is not worth it. I have parallels installed but, I really need no graphically intense program. Is there a way to keep the windows in case I need to reinstall it, or can I delete Windows but still be able to reinstall it at a later date should it be something I NEED often. (It is not registered, if that helps)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.