Time capsule being halfhearted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
24" iMac with a 1Tb Time capsule linked via ethernet cable to a wireless British Telecom router.

Immediately after the upgrade to Snow Leopard my Time Machine spat out it's comforter/dummy, apply as appropriate.

The TM reported the disk was full (it actually had 850Gb available) and stopped communicating with the iMac. I have reset the TC several times and reset the network. The iMac 'sees' the TC via Airport, it is working within the network which is controlled by a British Telecom router.

The green light on the TC is stable; however when a backup is initiated although everything commences positively, within a few minutes I get a report that the TC is stopping the backup. The initial indication is that the disk is 'cleaning up'; the TC then reports that there is not enough space on the selected backup disk which requires 89 GB and there is only 123 Mb available. At this point I noticed that although the TC was selected as the disk for the backup, another icon for 'BootOSX' was showing alongside the TC icon on my desktop. As shown in the screenshot there is plenty of space available.

I'm assuming that the TC is attempting to backup within the 'BootOSX' folder. I therefore dragged the icon to the trash bin The TC continues to tell me there is no space available for backup.

There is nothing vital on the TC, I want to erase the disk completely and hopefully start afresh. All my original information is on the drive, although it is only today that I have been able to access it, until this morning the TC has only shown that days date when backups are initiated ie there is no history. It appears that the upgrade to SL has caused a corruption, if I was using a PC I'd carry out a system restore, returning to an earlier configuration.

Is this necessary or advisable with the iMac and TC - how do I achieve it?

How do I wipe the TC memory?

Any useful advice is appreciated.

grab1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.