mouse behavior

O

ocie

so i just switched from my custom-built PC to a powerbook on thursday.

As a general observation, i've noticed that the mouse behavior on OS X is not as good as on WinXP/2k/etc... The mouse almost feels laggy and has alot of acceleration (at least thats the windows term for what im experiencing).

I was wondering if there is a way to change this. Eg. install mice drivers, change settings.

Reaction score
That bothered me when I bought my mini, I just got used to it. Now I can go from my PC to my Mac without any problems.

OP
J

Jefe3223

I have a ibook, but if i remeber from my imac days, under preferences/keyboard and mouse, you can set to how fast the mouse moves. If not that, maybe a failed mouse ball (who uses mice with balls anymore...?), or just a bad connection. If the mouse moves to quickly, just turn down the sensitivity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
System preferences > keyboard and mouse > mouse (second from left)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The Mac mouse has a pronounced "curve" to it's accelleration, so that you can make finely-controlled movements (by moving the mouse slowly) or snap the pointer all the way across a Cinema display (by jerking the mouse swiftly.)

Windows uses a flatter curve. Long practice makes the Windows mouse feel jittery to me. It depends on what you're used to.

OP
I

IcedOutQMutha

If you want to turn off the acceleration to make it more like Windows, use USB Overdrive (http://www.usboverdrive.com/), I've had good experience with it. I use it to turn off the acceleration when playing FPS games.

OP
O

ocie

thanks iced, thats what i was looking for!

and thanks for the imput technologist, i realize that what it is for, the acceleration just so pronounced... thats what gets me.

thanks whiteshark, but i didnt ask for the location of the mouse prefs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.