• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Broadcasting Radio over Internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
How can I make my own internet rado station? I would like to DJ my itunes library.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
P

PowerbookG417

another way that is free...is to run windows 2000 server...it has the built in media server software so you can do music and video and then you can reach everyone ( mac and pc)

i found that with nicecast windows users couldn't listen unless they were using itunes

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
PowerbookG417 said:
another way that is free...is to run windows 2000 server...it has the built in media server software so you can do music and video and then you can reach everyone ( mac and pc)

Great idea but I can't do that because I have no Windows PCs im my house and the DELL that I had I put linux on. Also a copy of Windows 2000 server would be at least 200 dollors so it far from free.

J

Jefe3223

iWhat said:
You can check out Nicecast, but it's however not free. :( It costs $40.

Hm..true, but if you want to get a feel, the demo works fine. But you make a very valid point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
shoutcast.com surprisingly supports macs....i am going to go try this out now

edit: looks confusing to me at first....but it may be worth a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
I definitely recommend Nicecast. it makes it really easy to broadcast any audio you want. IM me sometime, and ill help you with it.

if you can find a copy of iTunes 4.0, you can access your iTunes library anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mod Notes : Clarified Thread Title

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.