Hairline crack

adz

Reaction score
My macbook which is about 4 months old is getting one of those cracks near the track pad where my wrist sits.

Just wanting to know are apple acknowledging this fault?

Can I take it into an apple store and get it fixed (for free) even if I bought it from a reseller..would I need to bring proof of purchase?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I doubt it's for free and since it's a unibody design the replacement would be very costly. There is no way to prove it you caused the crack or not ... I should point out I probably have something similar to the left of my trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I think Apple knows about this problem already and I do believe they will fix it free if you have applecare. It is not a users fault. Give them a call and find out.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You're referring to the plastic MacBook, yes? If so, yes, it's a known issue and Apple should replace the palmrest at no cost to you. They've even been known to do it outside of warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.