• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Woman Mods?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
You could try sewing her mouth shut.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
that I know of, there are currently none, and since I joined last october, there have been none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If you look at that thread about the guy/girl ratio, there are if I remember correctly 5% women here.. and when only say 1% of all members become mods, that percentage goes down even further for a woman mod. We pick people to be mods when we need another mod and by the maturity people show, if that happens to be a girl or a guy.. it doesnt matter, half the names here are unisex anyways, but again if you look at the ratio of guys and girls that even come here.. you do your own math :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
exactly. I never paid much attention before this thread, and that usernames are pretty unisex, like mine, macman, tells you off the bat that I must be a man, hopefully.lol.
others, like iDVFH. tells you nothing about sex, and some, like iwhat, (not to poke fun),
make you wonder, and still don't let you know anything. sorry.
at my old forum a long time ago, there was a female admin, it ended up not working out very well in most cases.

OP
J

Jefe3223

I've thought of it (and not to knock the thread) but I don't think it matters (other than out of sheer curiousity). There are some women out there and if they make themselves known, great. Everyone's opinions and knowledge holds, relatively, the same weight. Some of the smartest computer nerds I know, are the most high class girls I've ever met (you'd never know they were a "geek" at heart). I'd turn to them with any pc question I have.

But, like I said, this isn't meant to knock the original purpose of this thread (which IMOO, I believe was sheer curiousity). Anyway, I'm out. Bye boys AND girls.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I have no doubts that a woman mod would do a great job here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
same here, I know plenty of great women mac users, many times a woman can do the same thing as a man, usually better in some way.

OP
J

Jefe3223

Murlyn said:
I have no doubts that a woman mod would do a great job here.

Agreed, as long as we make sure she's qualified (as I know we'll do, if the day ever comes), I just know of jobs that have chosen a woman 'cause they had too. But this is a different situaion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.