Sony Headphone, good or bad.

M

macaudiodj

I was woundering if any one has Sony MDR-V700DJ and how they like them. And are they woth the $129.99.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
whaaaa :eek:

120 US dollars for a pair of headphones?

OP
M

macforums

I'm kind of an expert in headphones, and maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Although it sounds good with some types of music, I'd stay away from the MDR-V7000DJ. It's best for a heavily colored rendering of louder music, but it's a sledgehammer of a phone. For half the price, you can get the the acclaimed Sony MDR-V6 (V6 for short), which has a very flattering sound with all types of music.

But for the same price, you might invest in a set of Grado SR-60s -- said to be the best phones available under $100. You can get a discount here: http://www.toddthevinyljunkie.com/products/product.php?id=129.

With the money you save, you can get a headphone amp. (The term "headphone amp" is somewhat of a misnomer; actually, it's an amp that helps purify the sound of CD players, iPods, etc.)

Sennheiser and Beyer are also fine names, but sound varies. My Beyer DT-880s, just purchased and broken in, are absolute knockouts.

PM me if you have additional questions.

:headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.