• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

windows pc junk

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My windows pc had a little accident, oops!
YouTube - Piece of junk windows pc

I enjoyed watching your video...it was very creative with the falling in "slow-mo"...and the different camera angles from above & below...and the little graphic insert towards the end.

I guess the part I didn't like so much is the destruction of the computer. It's very possible that someone out there without a computer (and cannot afford a computer) may have been been able to make some use of it.

Of course I don't know the computer specs to know how obsolete it may have been.

But I did like the video from the creative & entertainment points of view.:)

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'll bet it still works as good/bad as it did prior to the fall.

Pigoo's suggestion is a good one. I've given away almost all of my old computers to kids whose parents just couldn't afford any computer.

Of course, sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. :Evil:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I gave almost that exact HP to a friend and his wife who are very poor. Mine was a P3 650 and is still working for them 3 years later. For what they do it's fine. It even does You Tube Videos quite smooth which sort of surprised me. Still very useable for their modest needs.

And Bob, this one was being carried to the car by it's previous owner and they tripped. It went BANG in the middle of the street. Still worked. Even the 40GB Hard Drive still works after 3 years!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2005 G4 Mini & 2014 Mini & 2020 M1 Mini
I enjoyed watching your video...it was very creative with the falling in "slow-mo"...and the different camera angles from above & below...and the little graphic insert towards the end.

I guess the part I didn't like so much is the destruction of the computer. It's very possible that someone out there without a computer (and cannot afford a computer) may have been been able to make some use of it.

Of course I don't know the computer specs to know how obsolete it may have been.

But I did like the video from the creative & entertainment points of view.:)

- Nick

I would have given it away if I could have. Its just way to obsolete and not working properly. I'm going to have to pay to bring it to the dump. It has not worked right for years. I used it for my son to play games and browse the internet. It took so much effort to keep it running. Poor people who need a computer need one that will work right. Last night I just had enough.

I filmed it by myself and had to throw a stick at it to get it to fall when filming from below. In real time that was a hard shot to take. Thats why I kind of missed it in the video.

I had the fleetwood mac song "you can go your own way" timed to it but youtube blocked the sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Save the old HP - put linux on it :D

then give it away

nice video by he way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Very dramatic with the slo mo ... Nice vid but i have to comment on what a gorgeous looking day its is there ........... Green with envy ...

Had rain and clouds for oh so long now... Can see why people get depression in winter .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.