Why would I want Windows on my new iMac?

Reaction score
I really like my new iMac and the OS X operating system (snow leopard coming this week/another story), however I'm still a big fan of Windows Vista. I have a brand new laptop that runs Windows Vista, but was debating on getting Windows Vista put on my iMac also. 1st, what program should I use to install and use Windows Vista on my new iMac and 2nd, should I even bother putting Windows Vista on my iMac at all? Any help and input would be deeply appreciated.

Take Care and May God Bless!:Smirk:

Ed

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a brand new laptop that runs Windows Vista, but was debating on getting Windows Vista put on my iMac also. 1st, what program should I use to install and use Windows Vista on my new iMac and 2nd, should I even bother putting Windows Vista on my iMac at all?

I'm sure that you must be aware that you are not the first person to ask these questions.

If you do a search of the website...you will be busy for hours reading the threads.

You could start with this:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/wi...4239-running-windows-mac-switchers-guide.html

Good luck,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
The only reason you should install Windows on a Mac is if you need to use a program that doesn't have a Mac equivalent. For example, I have Windows XP just because I need to use my Blackberry Desktop Manager. Other than that, I'm on OS X. Btw, I'm using VMware Fusion 2.0 and never had any issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I only have XP installed so that I can see my websites in IE 6 and 7. Otherwise I wouldn't really have a need

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Don't forget the "OP" mentioned that he has a "brand new laptop" that is running Windows Vista...so it would seem even more confusing why installing Vista on his iMac would be helpful...other than the convenience of a dual-boot Mac, or Windows in emulation on a Mac.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I have Windows installed using Boot Camp on my Mac so I can have a great OS X workstation for day to day use but still use Windows on it for gaming without needing a second computer/console...

Reaction score
Other than whats been posted...Needing it for business etc..I don't know. Im an old Machead from why back and windows and all its issues stay on a windows machine. After all Im posting with a 8600 right now. Although I did use my brothers PC to do some web page updates this afternoon and I do decoodie peoples PCs...it is painfull.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
It's simple - if and when you need Windows, go ahead and install it. If you don't need it, don't bother. Having the Mac gives you the flexibility, which is what's key. I need XP for work, our VPN, etc., and certain poker software. Otherwise I would avoid it completely, and that's after being a MS user from the early days of MS-DOS.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.