Logitech MX Revolution and Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac5, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 3 GB, and a similar Mac Mini, both on SL
I would like to get my mouse to work the way I want.

I went to Logitech: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/584/3129 and downloaded the most recent version of the software for the MX Revolution mouse. But when I start the install it says that the OS X I am running is not supported. Anyone know more about the MX Revolution and Snow Leopard?

EDIT:
I called and they said that they should have an update soon. But if you have this mouse I'd call them just to let them know the need. The guy I talked to said that getting new software out was based on the amount of calls or emails they get:

General Product Support
+1 646-454-3200
Monday - Friday: 6am - 6pm PST
Saturday - Sunday: 7am - 5pm PST

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I had the Logitech Control Center installed prior to the upgrade to SL.

Mine is working fine. I have seen only a couple of reports about some buttons not working after upgrading to SL.

Don't have a clue as far as installing their software after the upgrade to SL.

The other option is Steermouse. A lot of people use it instead of the LCC. Their driver currently works in 32 bit SL and they're working on a 64 bit version.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had the Logitech Control Center installed prior to the upgrade to SL.

Mine is working fine. I have seen only a couple of reports about some buttons not working after upgrading to SL.

Don't have a clue as far as installing their software after the upgrade to SL.

The other option is Steermouse. A lot of people use it instead of the LCC. There driver currently works in 32 bit SL and they're working on a 64 bit version.

I did an erase and install. Maybe you still have some of the older software on your computer. I did not install the software because is says it is not compatible right when you start the install.

I have no control over the mouse other than the basic click and scroll wheel. Before under 10.4.11 it would recognize the exact model and give me complete control over all the buttons. But of course I had the software installed too.

I'm waiting for the updated control center software the tech told me is coming soon.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The other option is Steermouse. A lot of people use it instead of the LCC. There driver currently works in 32 bit SL and they're working on a 64 bit version.

I just paid $38 for this mouse new at Best Buy (a deal posted at slickdeals.net). Not sure I'd want to spend $20 just to get it running when Logitech should have updated software sometime soon.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not worth the $20 to me either, but then I've never tried it.

A lot of people like it much better than the Logitech software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.