installing Windows with BootCamp

Reaction score
So i can see that there are several questions about bootcamp and the windows installation. I REALLY just want to get the stupid os going on here, however i hate how i need to get a copy of the installation disc to do so. I've tried to find a relatively cheap or free way to do it or even just downloading/burning it and using that disc, it failed.
Ok, so i need to know, will this do?::::
Windows XP Professional SP3 English Patch CD home

it supposedly has previous service packs and all that. I found i can get this from the website. It's basically four dollars, i'm guessing shipping only.

If this will not work, will someone please tell me where i can find a relatively cheap or FREE copy of the windows xp or even vista to use for bootcamp.
I don't understand, windows xp is effing done with, why is it still so expensive in some places?
HELP.

No smart comments on how people need to buy it.
It's overpriced, that's all there is to it, i'll buy it if i can find a thirty or under copy.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From our Community Rules:

Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

You've apparently already had run-ins with other forums that respect the law and copyright. We do here as well. You want help to get an illegal copy of any software, you might as well move along to the next forum.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No smart comments on how people need to buy it.
It's overpriced, that's all there is to it, i'll buy it if i can find a thirty or under copy.
That's how proprietary software sales work. You have no choice but to purchase it as downloading it is against the law. If you need it as bad as you seem to imply, the cost shouldn't be as large a concern as you are making it. In this case, you can't have both a cheap and legitimate copy.

Try searching sites like newegg. If you're a student, you might be able to get a cheap copy through your school. You might be able to get a copy cheap but it probably won't be $30 cheap. Also, make sure it meets the requirements for Boot Camp - see page 4 and 10 here.

OP
N
Reaction score
lol
i don't have too much respect for it as i have not much reason to.
and im not looking for illegality, i'm asking if there's somewhere where they sell it pretty cheap, or something.
I guess not.
100+ for an os is ridiculous.
especially one thats dated.

OP
N
Reaction score
p.s. can you tell me if that works????
it's off of the windows website.......
i dk if it will work or not though, read through the first post again to see the disc description

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
i don't have too much respect for it as i have not much reason to.
What? If you're talking about a lack of respect for Windows, why do you want it so bad?

p.s. can you tell me if that works????
it's off of the windows website.......
i dk if it will work or not though, read through the first post again to see the disc description
Think about this logically - why would Microsoft sell Windows XP for $4 when, according to your research, you can't get it anywhere else for less than $100? Does that seem logical? Did you really read the whole description carefully? I suggest you go back and carefully read it again.

OP
N
Reaction score
i know it sounds ridiculous.
and of course, i have some sense. :/
lol
However the description tells me it's a disc, with windows xp home, sp 3 and previous.
too good to sound true, i know. haha.
And I respect laws, this is ridiculous though, paying 100+ for an os.
That's not even necessary.
And i need it to operate a few things, not having it is inconvenient, and i have no choice it seems but to buy it, however i'm not going to pay the 100+.
At most i'll probably buy it off craigslist. :/
*sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
You can LEGALLY download Windows 7 RC for free from Microsoft's website. Then use Disk Utility and you can burn it to a CD or DVD. You'll need a Windows Live ID, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.