Itunes PC to Itunes Mac.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have an Iphone which I love. This alone inspired me to finally switch. Got a second hand Powerbook of Ebay, should be here next week. For the last decade ive been a windows user. Never went with VIsta, thought it was pants.

Anyhow, I have all this data on my Iphone but when my new mac gets here how do I get that info over to my new mac. I can only find a way to get Itunes to copy what is on it to the iphone as opposed the other way around like I need.
Now, if my blank new copy of itunes on my new mac syncs with my iphone wont it blank of all my data?

Reaction score
Yes it will, unless you uncheck the "sync automatically" box.

hope this helps:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
It will "blank the data" on the iPhone, unless you don't sync it (as Sur3Mac explains). You can, however, pull songs purchased on the iPhone (and other computers, as long as it's the same iTunes account) from the phone to the computer. As for other songs, there's several third-party programs that will pull song files off of iPods (and iPhones); their names escape me at the moment.
Hope that helped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.