PocketMac 4 Blackberry deleted stuff

Reaction score
I just got a Blackberry and downloaded (through their site) PocketMac for Blackberry and WHAM.... it immediately gutted three of my applications, one being the Text Edit program. Two others - can't recall which - are missing / deleted too. On my Apps page, there's a hole after Garage Band icon, and another hole after the Prism icon.. Can't recall what was in those spaces. Bullocks!!! I know it was the PocketMac download because while it was being installed I sudden noticed my dock shrink in size due to evaporated icons.

Guess I have to install these items again... individually? Possible?

Cameron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Saw over on another mac forum that the mac desktop manager has been leaked.

Leaked: BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac | Berry Reporter

Time to rejoice Mac users, today is your day. That is because the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac has just been leaked. It is important to note this is version 1.0.0 and it's still in the beta phase so you may get some bugs.

For years now Mac users have been left out in the cold when it comes to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. It really does make you wonder what took RIM so long to develop a compatible Mac version. In the long run it may have paid off because of the amount of time they have had to work and perfect it. The BlackBerry Desktop manager for Mac lets you sync your iTunes playlists, contacts, tasks, apps and more. One thing is for sure Mac owners who previously stayed away from BlackBerry because of this might just be changing their mind.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just because the icons are gone from the Dock does not mean the applications are gone from OSX. Open the Applications folder. Is Text Edit still there? If so, drag it back to it's spot on the Dock.

OP
ghostcinderella
Reaction score
Just because the icons are gone from the Dock does not mean the applications are gone from OSX. Open the Applications folder. Is Text Edit still there? If so, drag it back to it's spot on the Dock.

No it's GONE ... from app page et el. I'm screwed!!! God knows what else was erased I don't know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.