A Few Items

Reaction score
I just have a couple more questions - at least before bedtime. I seem to have managed to get a couple of alias’s in my Apps folder. They work find, so I am inclined to let them rest?

Also, a carryover from Vista, - once you set the size of a window - for example the apps window - is there any way of “setting” it?

Now the biggie. In Windows we had the taskbar, which is where minimized windows lived. Despite my best efforts at using Spaces, tabs, and Expose - I can’t see as simple a way of activating a Mac window as clicking on the no longer present taskbar. What is the best way of moving from active window to active window? I can use spaces as intended - I think- but I have to use a hot corner to remember where the window is.

It seems tabs should work, but it takes a optional key press to get a new tab opened. OR - I still have lots to learn about the Mac. So far I like it - but I really want to love it.

Also, anyone know if the new Blackberry Desktop software for Mac is out?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Now the biggie. In Windows we had the taskbar, which is where minimized windows lived. Despite my best efforts at using Spaces, tabs, and Expose - I can’t see as simple a way of activating a Mac window as clicking on the no longer present taskbar. What is the best way of moving from active window to active window? I can use spaces as intended - I think- but I have to use a hot corner to remember where the window is.
Try Command - Tab. Note though that if something is minimized, "Command - Tabing" to it won't re-maxmize it. If you're using Snow Leopard, your best bet is Expose as a means of switching as it will now show minimized apps as well (something that was desperately needed and one of my favourite new features of Snow Leopard).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.