PDA

View Full Version : PSP Video 9

macnoob#1
09-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I downloaded PSP Video 9 (The new one), and when I want to convert my movie, it doesn't show up, or stays in the queue. The Red Kawa forums are useless, so I will try here. Any alternitives(free) will also be great. I am running 10.4.11 on a 1 Ghz Emac. I realize that this will take a long time, but can just leave it run for a day (not a shared computer). If this is in the wrong place, feel ferr to move it/PM me.

Thanks, since I switched at the end of June, macfourms( especially hughvane) have been very helpful and polite with my sometimes stupid questions.

Nethfel
09-03-2009, 10:47 AM
You can try using mpegstreamclip ( Download MPEG Streamclip for Mac - Convert MPEG-1/MPEG-2 files, transport streams in several formats. MacUpdate Mac Video Software Downloads (http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/15466/mpeg-streamclip) ) you may just have to tweak the settings to make sure it is in a mpeg4 format the the psp will like.

joeyboots
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I downloaded PSP Video 9 (The new one), and when I want to convert my movie, it doesn't show up, or stays in the queue. The Red Kawa forums are useless, so I will try here. Any alternitives(free) will also be great. I am running 10.4.11 on a 1 Ghz Emac. I realize that this will take a long time, but can just leave it run for a day (not a shared computer). If this is in the wrong place, feel ferr to move it/PM me.

Thanks, since I switched at the end of June, macfourms( especially hughvane) have been very helpful and polite with my sometimes stupid questions.

You could try the older version of Handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/?article=old_versions), which they just ended support for.

The newest version has a PSP preset. Here are the settings it uses in case they aren't in the version that you can run:

368 x 208 resolution
MPEG-4 (FFMPEG)
AAC 48kHz 128Kbps

*EDIT*
Oh, shoot! Forgot to ask, but the format of your source may be helpful to us for giving advice as well. What are you converting?

macnoob#1
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
MP4, but the resolution is too big, and AAC is over 128 kbps

macnoob#1
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Tried Handbrake, but won't convert, says there is no valid title. There is PSP setting. Doesn't it only work from a DVD?

macnoob#1
09-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Just burnt it to a DVD and ripped from there, worked great.