• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Duh Moments

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What's yours?

20090902-ducw71g6xxu3y5byrygtutdisu.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I have a few every once in awhile, my latest and greatest was when I put on my boxers on backwards and had quite the fight on my hands later that morning, lol. I thought I had bought some that didn't have a hole, so it could have been very funny to seen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
LOL, the first one was funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Hmmm, had a few... My best and most embarassing was probably when I was about 10 though. I went to speak to my dad in the shop at the gas station and walked into the door (all glass except the chrome handle poking out to the side, it seriously looked like nothing was there). I stepped back, confused, and walked into it again. A second time, I stepped back, waited a second, then tried to push it open, unsuccessfully.

It was a Pull door and the guy behind the counter was laughing at me when I got in :|.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hmmm, had a few... My best and most embarassing was probably when I was about 10 though. I went to speak to my dad in the shop at the gas station and walked into the door (all glass except the chrome handle poking out to the side, it seriously looked like nothing was there). I stepped back, confused, and walked into it again. A second time, I stepped back, waited a second, then tried to push it open, unsuccessfully.

It was a Pull door and the guy behind the counter was laughing at me when I got in :|.

Sorry but that does sound very comical. Especially since you struggle so much. >_<"

OP
bobtomay

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My wife represents the typical computer user that calls me at home for help.

Yesterday morning she calls me in the office for a problem with her computer.

Seems it had a magnifying glass on the screen that moved around with the cursor and she couldn't get rid of it. She proceeded to tell me it'd been happening for awhile, she didn't know for sure how long.

She says that magnifier would pop up out of nowhere and then some time later it would just disappear. Only this time it wouldn't go away. "Can you fix it?" she asks.

I sit down at her computer, notice she has a 5 button mouse, proceed to click on the buttons and voila - she's got one of the buttons set to turn the magnifier on and off.

She'd been using that mouse for over two, count 'em, two years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Mine ... Over hear in Aust we have a awesome youth radio station named Triple J and every thursday from 11am until midday we have our famous Dr Karl do a live science session where members of the public can ring up and ask him and his Expert panel any question pertaining to nearly anything.

Well i subscribe to his podcast since i have had my injury and havnt driven for a while and dont get to listen to him on Thursday's.
Listening to his podcast last monday night a caller came in with a question he couldnt answer and as usual asked if any of the public had a take on the question to ring up and give there ideas on it.

Not even thinking i paused my itouch and got on the phone to the station in good time and proceeded to tell the in coming caller switchboard of my answer ( they decide who goes on or not ) and they are laughing on the other end and ask what im on ???????
I was totally confused as i had a pertinent answer to his question.
A little down the track the nice gent informed me that it wasnt Dr Karl hour as its 930pm on a Monday night... I still to the point proceeded to tell him he had it wrong, as i was looking at my touch.
I swore and cracked up myself, told him about the podcast and then quietly said good night.. Finished Dr Karl and made mental note, not to do that ever again.
Felt like a goose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
Mine ... Over hear in Aust we have a awesome youth radio station named Triple J and every thursday from 11am until midday we have our famous Dr Karl do a live science session where members of the public can ring up and ask him and his Expert panel any question pertaining to nearly anything.

Well i subscribe to his podcast since i have had my injury and havnt driven for a while and dont get to listen to him on Thursday's.
Listening to his podcast last monday night a caller came in with a question he couldnt answer and as usual asked if any of the public had a take on the question to ring up and give there ideas on it.

Not even thinking i paused my itouch and got on the phone to the station in good time and proceeded to tell the in coming caller switchboard of my answer ( they decide who goes on or not ) and they are laughing on the other end and ask what im on ???????
I was totally confused as i had a pertinent answer to his question.
A little down the track the nice gent informed me that it wasnt Dr Karl hour as its 930pm on a Monday night... I still to the point proceeded to tell him he had it wrong, as i was looking at my touch.
I swore and cracked up myself, told him about the podcast and then quietly said good night.. Finished Dr Karl and made mental note, not to do that ever again.
Felt like a goose.

Wow that is like watching a television show that says previously recorded and then trying to call in! That is funny though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Mine ... Over hear in Aust we have a awesome youth radio station named Triple J

Strange that. As the only Triple J I know is a alternative/indie radio station in many states here. Well known here. Nothing youth about it at all. And yes I'm an Aussie too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Strange that. As the only Triple J I know is a alternative/indie radio station in many states here. Well known here. Nothing youth about it at all. And yes I'm an Aussie too.

Yea JJJ they promote the station as a youth station. I been listenng to them before Mikey Robbins And Helen Razer where the morning show. I was youth then and a lil grown up more now but Yes i agree its alternative/indie but they do promote as Australia's youth station.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I know it's getting a little stale, but the original post pic is a perfect candidate for a FAIL poster! The only way it could be better is if it was one of those guys that wear a sun visor backwards AND upside down. I can't stand those d-bags.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.