Dell to launch online music service, player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Dell to launch online music service, player (outdated link removed)
September 25, 2003 - 11:32 EDT As expected (outdated link removed), Dell on Thursday announced that it would launch an online music service and begin selling a digital music player. The iPod-like portable music player will be called the "Digital Jukebox" or "DJ" and features a "sleek design, with large storage capacity, excellent battery life and easy-to-use controls." The "Dell Music Store" offers "thousands of music selections and allows seamless, legal downloading of songs to the Dell DJ." Dell said pricing and additional details will be announced when the products become available, which is expected to be before the holiday season.

My Comments: This looks like our competition, same with that samsung reported on awhile back.. Apple is going to need to get their store together for PC users.. and quick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
You know, a few years down the road, people will forget apple invented this novell idea.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course :) But only if Apple let's them forget.. this is a new Apple then the one that we have known in past years.. I don't think they are going to let anyone forget what theyv'e done for technology and I think they will continue to be ahead of the game and at the top.. so people will not have a chance to forget.. *crosses fingers*

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple: Dell re-branding music store, player

Source: MacMinute.com

Apple: Dell re-branding music store, player (outdated link removed)
September 27, 2003 - 12:51 EDT Following Dell's announcement (outdated link removed) that it would enter the digital music business, Apple on Friday released a dismissive statement about the company's plans: "It appears that Dell is re-branding one of the second-tier music services that will be announced soon, just like they are re-branding Creative's MP3 player. There is little original here," Apple's statement said.

My Comments: It's getting ugly! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.