• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How Mac-ified are you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Hey all. I'm a switcher and completely obsessed with anything Apple, Mac, etc. Completely fell in with both feet the moment I opened my MacBook pro. I've always had an iPod but was running it with windows and a PC. Now, that I've converted...it's ON!!! Went to the bookstore tonight and looked at all the Mac magazines and checked out the books that had anything to do with Apple, Macs, Leopard, iMovie, iWork, iPhoto, etc. Planning on Apple-izing my house. My next big purchase is going to be an LED Cinema Display, then an iMac, then a MacMini and who knows from there.

Do they make pills for this?
;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Lol! I spent days on the Apple website when I ordered my very first iMac!
Its a bug, but a good bug always knows what fruit it ripe!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I have a strict ritual for my MacBook still, like "wiping" it down, plugging in my cords in a certain order, storing it when on vacations, etc. It's more so me being OCD about it ;P

I have grown into being an Apple geek, I just see their hardware and software more premium than other OEM machines, especially the OS. It's loaded with things that make everything quicker and easier to do. It's keyboard commands help with the flow of using applications, I can get things done a lot faster with my MacBook than the machines at school, especially for web design and/or programming.

I am slowly turning my desk into a display of Apple products. I save all the boxes of my Apple devices at my desk all together, as well as a couple of others. My boxes include: MacBook, AirPort Extreme, Mighty Mouse, Wireless keyboard, and OS X Leopard. There are others, but are not Apple devices.

Obsession? Maybe lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
OCD, I suffer with that too, always wiping and dusting my TV, my MBP will be treated like a queen.

I keep the boxes also, made it easy for me to sell my iMac with box and manuals etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
This is a similar condition to what my friends from the drum forum call G.A.S.
This is an acronym for Gear Acquisition Syndrome. You just have to have more. Maybe we can have an acronym here, lets see if anyone comes up with anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I am some of the time. I would love to mac-ify my house, but not such much just because it's anything to do with my MBP, but because pretty much all Apple equipment looks so nice and sleek and works so well.

Not to say I don't like Windows though. My PC is still strictly Windows (no Mac wallpaper or Mac theme or anything).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I would like the money to be able to mac-ify my home ;P

iMac for the guest room, one of those new Apple screens with the power connector for the MacBook (my room) and maybe an Apple TV (maybe).

If you are going on an Apple shopping spree - maybe I should buy some Apple Stock.... :$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
When I switched, my first system was a used but still relatively new at the time Mac Pro, since then I've acquired 2 mac minis (one acting as my home theater pc using Plex for my front end (2009 mac mini), the other as a web/dns/email server running tiger server (it's a ppc mini)), and my laptop (a lightly used unibody macbook 2.4GHz which is what I use at work - the PC they have for me sits under my table and only gets used for one app that I don't want to waste the space for a vm on my laptop (the app doesn't work in wine)) so I went somewhat all out on the hardware aspect.

Other than that, I'm usually reading on the forums here about every day; many times researching questions other people have asked as they make me curious. I'm not over cautious about my hardware (I never have been), but I do like to make sure my laptop stays looking decent since it is out in public :).

Reaction score
As soon as I bought my first iPod (5th Gen Classic), I knew straight away that I was developing a very expensive habit! Within a month I had purchased an iMac (about a year ago), and within another 3 months, the MacBook Pro had joined the family. I have also had a 2G and now a 3G iPhone.

I work from home and everything on my desk works so wonderfully together and I never have to think about how do do a particular task. (I'm a Microsoft Training Consultant - I develop Microsoft Training courses, all on my Mac!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I was like this for a while after getting my first Mac, and to some extent I still am, but I think it wears off after a while and you realize that Apple is not the ONLY brand out there. However.. I've been using Macs for more than 10 years now, and there still isn't a single Windows PC in my home, nor has there been since picking up that first iMac G3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I've become kind of Apple Crazy myself. Below is my list of purchases within the last year or so.

MacBook Pro 13"
24" Cinema Display
20" iMac
Apple TV
32gb Gen 2 touch
16gb Gen 1 touch
80gb Classic
2gb Nano

Next purchase: Mac Mini

All of it is in perfect condition without a scratch anywhere. Even the ipod backs are perfect! Thanks to my OCD of course. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hey all. I'm a switcher and completely obsessed with anything Apple, Mac, etc. ...

Do they make pills for this?
No, but you'll eventually calm down once the RDF begins to fade and you realize it's just another computer company. :) ;)

Maybe we can have an acronym here, lets see if anyone comes up with anything.
If you've never heard of it or if you weren't sure of what the acronym RDF is, you can read about it here.

Reaction score
I like using my MBP and my iPod Touch. I don't go bonkers over it. My MBP sits next to a PC laptop and I jump back and forth depending on the task and my mood.

My friends over-exaggerate my enthusiasm for Macs. It's more of a general interest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
It's just a pretentious computer to me, which is why I switched.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Interesting thread!

At the moment we have one aluminum macbook at home. One white macbook, my spouse uses it. The latest purchase was the Mac Mini, placed under the TV running Plex as a media center solution.

I also have a Windows PC, I mostly use it to download things with. And play the occasional game of course.

We could argue that this setup would be much cheaper if we went the Windows road instead, but Mac OS X works so well. It is not that I cant setup windows boxes. I just want something that works, quick and easy. Without having to tweak everything.

Mac OS X is tweaked from the box! ;)

Reaction score
iPod Nano (1st gen)
iPod (video)
iPod Touch (1st gen)
MacBook Aluminium
Time Capsule
Snow Leopard

Wants: New iPod, iMac.

The Halo effect has truly worked well with Apple products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
It's just another computer. It doesn't do everything I want it to and Apple doesn't make products that fit the bill of what I want, so I'm not some crazy fanatic.

Then again, I have 4 computers in the house, down from 5, and that's not counting the server.

OP
NMMI89
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
No, but you'll eventually calm down once the RDF begins to fade and you realize it's just another computer company. :) ;)

If you've never heard of it or if you weren't sure of what the acronym RDF is, you can read about it here.

I am absolutely laughing my butt off right now. That was way too funny!!!
:D

T

todd51

I currently have a 16GB iPod Touch (along with 2 previous generation iPods) and my 2006 MBP. I'm hoping to get a new iMac before the end of the year so I can just use my older MBP for travel.

I have also converted 3 members of my family to Apple computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
macbook air
brand new 24" imac
24" led cinema display
23" cinema display
mac pro
intel mac minPowerbook
Powerbook Titanium 1 ghz
Time capsule
Iphones for me and the wife

Yea I'm appleized

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.