Access to Applications Using RAS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Hi - After many years of PCs, I purchased a MacBook Pro 13" three weeks ago and love it. However, I am unable to access work remotely using a RAS Token. I downloaded the Citrix client and was successful at logging in (Web Interface
for MetaFrame® Presentation Server) but when I click on an application (Outlook, Desktop, or other applications), a new window opens (Connection Center) but nothing happens. There's a red X in the left hand corner. Sometimes the Java coffecup appears briefly but then the red X appears. I have talked to others at work but they don't have any problems. I have tried both Safari and Firefox but get the same results. The Mac rep suggested that Snow Leopard would fix the problem but I'm not confident this guy had a clue what I was talking about. Any guidance would be appreciated!!

Reaction score
Do you need to use the Citrix client? Have you investigated whether you can access via Remote Desktop Connection for Mac (a free MS download)? I log in to my office VPN using RDC and an RSA token access as well, but we gave up on Citrix ultimately because it caused all sorts of issues. I would investigate whether RDC will work for you by chatting with your IT folks.

The reason the Apple guy suggested that Snow Leopard might fix the problem is because SL has Microsoft Exchange support built-in, but only if your office is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. We run 2003, so it doesn't work for me (until we upgrade). If your network runs Exchange Server 2007, then you should upgrade to SL and try using that to access your system, although you will likely need some tech support as the Exchange connection dialog boxes require quite a bit of information.

I would investigate those two pathways.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.