Can no longer get into OSx

Reaction score
Hello...

I have boot camp beta installed on my iMac 10.4.x and it has functioned well for 2 or 3 years.
Yesterday I accidentally poured a cup of tea over the keyboard, and immediately unplugged it and turned it upside down in order to make it dry.

This morning I couldnt start OSx by holding down alt like I use to do, instead the computer entered windows xp by default... as soon as I'm into xp though, the keyboard functions properly, including the alt-button... I've also tried to enter OSx using another USB-keyboard, however with the same disappointing result...

Furthermore ive tried inserting the OSx install disc, restarted and pressed C without anything happening... seems the keyboards wont function outside the operative systems?

The only thing i could think of that ha been strange is that i pressed a whole lot of F-buttons (F2,F3 and so on) right after the tea happened, and the computer went sort of crazy, enabling computer-voice and a few other things...

Solution, anyone? REALLY dont wanna be stuck with windows hehe...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.