imac and macbook, sharing / twinning data

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac & macbook
Hello.. first post. I'm a newbie... please be gentle!

I have an imac, bought mainly for my recording studio set up. I also travel with work... so I bought a macbook, mainly for documentation, web and simple recording.

When I'm at home (the studio / office) I have some data on one mac that I need on the other:

e.g. I keep my appointments on the macbook ical, but sometimes I need to look at it on the imac. How do I keep them up to date with each other without re-typing dates and appointments on both systems?

I also have Microsoft Entourage for e-mails.... same goes with that.

Can they read each other via bluetooth or something.... must be a way!

I have researched on the web... but I don't know the right terminology... hence the 'sharing / twinning'!

Any help appreciated.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac & macbook
Cheers Andy...

The macbook doesn't have firewire... usb?
If so... how does that work?

I'll check out Dropbox.. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Also, couldn't MobileMe do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
MobileMe can do the same as Dropbox, dropbox comes free with 2Gb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
It doesn't seem that dropbox has direct ical, contacts, etc. support (if it does, I didn't see it in the literature - now if you found where your files were stored, it would seem it could sync them across systems, but it would work differently then Mobileme). Dropbox looks nice for the freeness, but for using ical, Address book, favorites syncing, I think I like mobileme better (although it is not free) - also it's nice to be able to access your calendar via web browser if you don't have your computer available...

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac & macbook
Will Mobileme work with Entourage?

And just to confirm.... it syncs ical, right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.