Printer Stopped

Reaction score
hi,

I am a recent convert to Macs and decided to move as I am a photographer and was led to believe that Macs suited my profession better then PC. I am in the process of setting up the system and have a new MacPro with 8GB Ram.
I have connected my Canon i9950 photo printer and use Colormunki for calibrating the screens and prints.
When I tried to print the calibration file from Colormunki to the i9950 the image file failed to print. The printer had received an input from the MacPro as it began to 'warmup'.
I removed the printer, and reinstalled the software and driver. I went to system preferences and into the printers section, double clicked on the i9950 printer to see what would happen when I went to reprint the calibration file. I sent the file to the printer again and it began the warmup process and in the printer dialog box showed that it was printing the file. A file name quickly flashed on the screen and the the printer stated it was 'stopped'.
I clicked on Resume twice and got the following message "Operation could not be completed. client-error-not-possible" See attachment.
When I click on Print Test Page, it prints perfectly.
What is wrong?
I am not familiar with Mac troubleshooting etc as I am new to them, but would be able to follow careful instruction.
This is a major disappointment to me as the whole reason for moving to Mac was to enhance my photography workflow.

Many thanks

Anthony.....

Picture 3.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.